Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Any Beatle's fans here?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Nipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2009
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Any Beatle's fans here?

    If you ever liked the Beatles the new Love album was remastered by the original producer Sir George Martin and his son for the Circue Du Soleil. It was just released and is excellent. I would say they have taken the restoration process to a new level. There is also a video available showing how they did it.

    Check it out! :2thumbsup:

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Any Beatle's fans here?

    Is this a "re" release you're referring to?

    I bought the "Love" CD/audio DVD set in 2009 shortly after Licorne(aka Convergence) had posted about it.

    I really enjoy it, especially some of the songs that were mixed quite differently than the versions originally released back in the day. However, i can also see where some of the purists and dyed in the wool Beatles fans might not cozy up to it as much as i do.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Nipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2009
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Any Beatle's fans here?

    Hmmm.... It could be I am a little behind.

    I'm not a serious Beatles fan and had not heard it before.
    The iTunes store says it was released Feb. 8, 2011 and I assumed.....

    They recently made a deal with Apple (iTunes) to sell Beatles music. Perhaps that is the release date for iTunes?

    Anyway... It's pretty good!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Captgonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 4th, 2007
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Any Beatle's fans here?

    It has been around for a little while, but it's very fine stuff and even the most hardcore Beatles purist can't argue with George and Giles Martin revisiting the material. (Of course they will, but they shouldn't.)

    It's a re-work for a very specific purpose, that is the Cirque du Solei performance currently running in Las Vegas. As such, it's really cool and I'd really love to see the show in it's specially-built theatre. In that video you'll see some details about the incredible sound system they built to do it justice.

    Besides, everyone knows the original mono mixes (preferably played back through a tube amp driving a single 604) are the real McCoy. :>)
    Chris L.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Ronald Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Any Beatle's fans here?

    I would definitely look into the new versions. Who else could be more qualified than George Martin to remaster those tunes?

    I have the complete boxed set of Beatles LPs from the Mobile Fidelity before they went out of business, and several individual LPs, AND "last but not least," a copy of Sgt Peppers Lonely Heart Club Band LP on MFSL UHQ(Ultra-High Quality).

    These LPs will rival the CDs of today even thought they were made in the late-1970s. Personally for me, the the UHQ wasn't worth the extra money, but I bought it for "investment" purposes because of the "rarity" value.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member cradeldorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2010
    Location
    Muskegon Mi.
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Any Beatle's fans here?

    I'm a Beetle lover I got a hot 99 Beetle...VW Rocks!!! Oh you were talking about that antique British band weren't you. ; ) Yeah their ok too.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Any Beatle's fans here?

    Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab is still with us.

    Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab | Audiophile LP, Gold CD, SACD Re-Issues - Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab, Inc.

    Unfortunately the back-catalogue is not large.
    Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member Ronald Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Any Beatle's fans here?

    Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab is still with us.

    Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab | Audiophile LP, Gold CD, SACD Re-Issues - Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab, Inc.

    Unfortunately the back-catalogue is not large.
    I think this is the new company. I believe the during the bankruptcy preceding, all of the assets of the old company was closed-out at bargain basement prices. The old owners of MFSL was too busy doing its thing, when one of their biggest distributors had problems and went Tango Uniform, and of course that took the old MFSL with them. The name Mobil fidelity Sound Labs was purchased by some new owners, and that is probably what you see today.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.